Thursday, December 10, 2009

How do I go about asking a teacher to accept late homework?

We were working on a project in class that day, and I forgot to hand it in. I'm getting a C in the class currently, so I can't afford to lose any more points. A classmate said that he accepted one late assignment from her last semester, although his syllabus says he doesn't accept late work. I want to ask him to consider taking it, but I don't know where to begin. Obviously, I'm going to be respectful, but I can't think of how* to ask. Any ideas? I'll be doing it by email.



How do I go about asking a teacher to accept late homework?performing arts center



Do something like this:



Dear professor ___.



I regret to inform you that I have been under a lot of stress lately, and it has been affecting my school performance. Because my head has been filled with a lot lately, I forgot to hand in the written assignment that was due ___. With my current grade, I am ashamed with myself for allowing this assignment to go ungraded, especially when I had it completed on time. If there is any way that you would accept my work for credit, I would be greatly appreciative.



I know my performance in school has been one of the issues that has been causing me problems, but I have been working hard with myself to overcome my problems and improve my work ethic. I let myself down, but I am committed to do better. Thank you for any consideration.



Sincerely.



_________



How do I go about asking a teacher to accept late homework?sunshine opera theater



Virus on your computer and wiped you hard drive clean so you spent all last week retyping it.*wink wink*
hey that actually happened to me but i managed to finish anyway.
Put it on her desk when shes not looking
Just go to the teacher and be truthful.Tell him that you just had a lot on your mind and you forgot to hand it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
spyware removal